Sunday, July 1, 2012

7/1/12 Update

Hours of Clean Eating: 
10-11am
2-5pm 
8-10pm 
11pm-6am

 I have been struggling this week. Struggling not just to add in hours of clean eating, but also just to follow the hours I already have set. I've been in this place, so many times before. The old habits call you back, and you say, "Okay."

 So I'm diving in, feet-first, to renew my commitment.

 I've added to my hours to cover all the mindless eating times I have for the day. I'll continue to work on this schedule for the week, then start to tackle one of the mealtimes, probably breakfast. I'm also continuing to add in exercise. I've been doing small bits of yoga and walking, but it's been way too hot here to do anything more (plus our central air is out). I may attempt a run today.

 However it goes, I need to press on - to keep making progress. I don't want to slip backwards AGAIN in my life. I've used this hourly breakdown plan before, to quit smoking. I know it works. I also know that this happens - moments of weakness, days of struggle, and that powerful pull to just throw in the towel and go back to the old ways. I'm so so so happy I quit smoking, and even though I miss it once in a while, and even relapse once in a great while (like once every other year), I'm so glad not to be a smoker anymore. Cigarettes no longer have their control over me, and I know if I keep at it, soon food won't have its pull on me either.

 Message for today:

No comments:

Post a Comment