Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Post 1: The Plan

Step one:  Get myself ready for the CLEAN program.

How am I going to do this?  One hour at a time, baby.  It's how I quit smoking, and if I can do that, then I can do this.

How it works.  There are 24 hours in a day.  This plan will take 31 days to complete - the first 24 days, plus one maintenance week.  In the first 24 days, I will pick one hour per day to only eat foods from the Elimination Diet.  Then, once I pick that day, it will remain clean, and I'll build from there - point being - 24 days to 24 hours CLEAN!

Of course, there are hours of the day that are usually spent for sleep.  These hours are good for days when you just can't stand the thought of adding in any more clean time, or when you are too busy to even think about it.  OR, if you planned an hour and then cheated, thus failing that hour.

Day One is tomorrow, June 21st.  I don't suspect it will get tough for a while.  I'm totally going to take it easy in the beginning.  I'm not quite ready to give up my evening wine or my morning coffee.

Day One time = 3-4pm
This is the time I start thinking about dinner, and generally get caught in the trap of munching because I'm thinking about food, even though I know I should just wait.

I've also been re-reading French Women Don't Get Fat, which is a great book to remind oneself about portion control and plain old common sense when it comes to food.

And last - but never least - I am exercising a bit every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment