Monday, June 25, 2012

Your Excuse is Invalid




Here it is, my list of excuses. I know they will come, eventually, and probably more I haven't even thought of yet. I figured this time around, I'd bust my most common excuses before they happen.

 1. I'm too tired to get up and exercise. I'll do it later.  If I don't get up and exercise I won't do it. I know I'll wake up once I get going, and I'll feel better all day long.

  2. I have a headache/ PMS/ something hurts.  I'll just do my best. I won't push too hard, and I'll feel better overall when I'm done.

  3. I've got too much to do. I'll just take my rest day early. This day off will just lead to another day off. Exercise is my priority for three months. Whatever "needs" to be done can be fit in later, or it really isn't that important to begin with.

 4. I am not going to make it through the day without a cup of coffee. I did it every day that I was pregnant, and I survived just fine. If I really need a jolt later in the day, a cup of strong black tea will work just as well as a cup of coffee filled with sugar and cream, and without all the extra calories.


5.  All my sports bras are dirty. I'll wear a regular bra with a workout tank over top. I'll live with a little bounce.


6. My little boy was up late/ I couldn't sleep. I managed on an insanely small amount of sleep for weeks after he was born. I can do it for just this one day and be fine.


7. There's this recipe I really want to try. The recipe will be there when this round of P90X is over, if I still want to try it.


8. But it's Thanksgiving/ Christmas/ someone's birthday! There are lots of healthy food choices available. Me and my thin new body can have dressing and pie next year.


9. What a long day! I could really use a glass of wine. The wine may lift my spirits for a minute, but I'll be crabby and probably miss my workout tomorrow, and then I'll be disappointed in myself to boot. I'll take a hot bath and enjoy some relaxing tea instead.


10. I skipped a workout! I ate something awful! It's all over - I quit~ That is just my perfectionist diva talking. So, I messed up? Okay. Get up, get going, push play. At the end of 90 days, it won't be terrible if I fail a few times. It will be terrible if I am still in the same shape then that I am now.



No comments:

Post a Comment